Pages

Saturday 9 February 2013

Artful Times Challenge 22 Happy New Year

Happy New Year - Gung Hay Fat Choy


Decided to join in with this Challenge Site to make all sorts of craft items as my whim may take me.  Their challenges always seem such fun.  This one was for Chinese New Year, the year of the snake. 

Von and Neet set fortnightly challenges - if you would like to see what is going on

So here is my take on an Asian Theme.  


As there wasn't anything defined that I had to make I sifted through my stash and found some gorgous papers that are all oriental in style - choosing just one I then stared at it for inspiration then remembered I had some coin/tokens as well with writing on them - which I have no idea what they say and I hope they don't offend anyone.  I placed the coins on the paper and then thought of a little money envelope - of which I have a packet in my stash to use for scrapbook journaling!  I then wanted to find a piece of string or ribbon to tie around the envelope but in my ribbons box I found the gold tassel and my project was complete.  So simple so beautiful even if I say so myself!


Here's a close up photo of the coins - I wonder what they say?
I'm going to place some money in my little envelope and see if it brings me luck for the following year.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag-love the tass

    Best wishes Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. I was in Chinatown yesterday (Manchester) an there were lots of little coin envelopes around but none like yours - so it is exclusive!
    Loe it, great idea.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a thing for oriental papers and that sure is a gorgeous piece used well :)
    Thank you for sharing with us a Artful Times
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea, great papers and embellishments.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Love this beautiful coin envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment - I do appreciate it

Sarahxx