Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

S.W.A.T. - Drill #1 - All ABout You

Sun Sea Sarah

Another new challenge blog - love finding them and try to join in as much as I can!

So Here Goes -

DRILL # 1 -All About You!

Flip that Camera Around,
This Drill is all About You!

Most scrappers find that one of the hardest subjects to scrap is themselves.  But here at SWAT we are all about motivating you to advance out of your comfort zone! So suit up, load your ATG, and take a shot at this drill all about you!

Now finding a picture of me is like finding Rocking Horse poo but find one I did from about 10 years ago which was taken on a holiday to Turkey.  I'm sat at the back of a boat on a wonderful day trip we had with lots of our new friends around the Bodrum coast line.  So I set about scrapping it.


I found a BG I thought would work and tried to envisage what I wanted the page to look like - the card stock worked at a jaunty angle and I found 3 flowers that looked like they just belonged there but what to do for a title or some more interest?  I grabbed some glue and glitter and without any plan or trial of placing things where I would expect them to go I made zig-zags and arrow heads and curls all over the place shook the glitter over and was really pleased with the result.

The chip board letters were also plain and boring white so off I went in search of my poster paints and decided to layer some different blues on them - the photo doesn't do them justice but I like how they look.  I found a sheet of sticky letters to add the Sarah and the year and Turkey on the side but to make them stand out added some more blue paint to the corner which has given the paper a really crisp texture which I like too.

I've added my signature button to the top of the page - if you are wondering why it is there!

Here are close up photos



I could go on about how the glitter reminds me of the glimmer of the sun on the sea but actually I remember more that I was quite relaxed just sitting there at the back of the boat not really caring what was going on around me - there were about 20 people on there!  So my LO is really about not caring about what is going on around me escaping and creating this LO just for me with glitter, glue and some dabs of paint.


To visit S.W.A.T. - Scrap Warriors Advanced Training

1 comment:

  1. I agree! It is hard to find pictures of yourself! I have that problem, too! You did a great job with the challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at S.W.A.T.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment - I do appreciate it

Sarahxx